MLA2019.1 002

The graduates include Savannah Baaske , Chantelle Chalk. Deven Jackson,  Grace Troup and Zach Peagler.  PHOTO COURTESY OF MOUNTAIN LAUREL ACADEMY

Mountain Laurel Academy announces largest graduating class

Mountain Laurel Academy announces its 2019 graduating class with great pride. This year marks our third class and largest graduating class.  

This year’s graduating class includes:

Savannah Baaske, Big Canoe, will be attending the University of North Georgia to pursue a degree in pre-med.

Chantelle Chalk, Jasper, will be attending Georgia College and State University to pursue a degree in computer science.

Deven Jackson, Ball Ground, will be joining The World Race, a nine-month Christian mission program where she will travel to Thailand, India and Costa Rica. Afterward, she plans to study nutrition.

Zach Peagler, Big Canoe, will be attending Kennesaw State University to pursue a degree in biology/biotechnology.

Grace Troup, Jasper, will be attending Chattahoochee Technical College to pursue studies in botany and horticulture.

 Mountain Laurel Academy is a non-profit, non-traditional, private learning center for grades 5-12 dedicated to serving the local community. Each child is registered with the state as a homeschooled student. In this university design, students study at the center 60 percent of their academic week, with the remaining 40 percent spent in independent study.

There is a strong focus on student accountability, motivation, and independence. Mountain Laurel Academy believes that this approach will truly prepare students for the rigors of college study. Our only requirement is that students are motivated and eager to learn and that families will support them in this unique learning environment.

Located in Jasper, Ga., Mountain Laurel Academy is convenient to families in Pickens, Dawson, Gilmer, Cherokee, Forsyth and Lumpkin counties. 

 Submitted by Mountain Laurel Academy

Newest Stories - News

UGA women’s tennis team serves up volunteer labor at Habitat…

UGA women’s tennis team serves up volunteer labor at Habitat Pickens house number 19

Don’t decorate with real pumpkins this fall

Don’t decorate with real pumpkins this fall

The adorable Wood Poppy family now ready for adoption

The adorable Wood Poppy family now ready for adoption

Big Canoe Kickball League now has four teams

Big Canoe Kickball League now has four teams

For the weekend’s best hits stream Inside The Gates Radio

For the weekend’s best hits stream Inside The Gates Radio

Still plenty of fresh produce at Jasper Farmers Market

Still plenty of fresh produce at Jasper Farmers Market

Another attempt for mixed-use development on former college land

Another attempt for mixed-use development on former college land

Multi-employer job fair set for Sept. 17 at Dawsonville Goodwill…

Multi-employer job fair set for Sept. 17 at Dawsonville Goodwill store

The August Pickens Report: the Georgia Marble Festival will be…

The August Pickens Report: the Georgia Marble Festival will be Oct. 5-6

Big Canoe knows how to do holidays. Labor Day Weekend…

Big Canoe knows how to do holidays. Labor Day Weekend had something for everybody

Picture your photo on the cover of the 2020 POA…

Picture your photo on the cover of the 2020 POA Directory!

It’s time to update your 2020 Big Canoe Community Directory…

It’s time to update your 2020 Big Canoe Community Directory information

Sienna, a loving, gentle cat, needs a forever home

Sienna, a loving, gentle cat, needs a forever home

Wine scholar Wayne Crawford to speak at Sunday, Sept. 15…

Wine scholar Wayne Crawford to speak at Sunday, Sept. 15 Knowledge Series program

Set sail with Big Canoe’s model yacht club

Set sail with Big Canoe’s model yacht club

Advertisement

SmokeSignals Online
11293 Big Canoe
Big Canoe, GA 30143
PH: 706-669-7095

©2019 Big Canoe News