Jim Fambrough art winner
Bowen Center all-juried show on display through December 13
The Bowen Center for the Arts is hosting its last show of this year: The Fall Juried Show. On display are 153 works by 65 artisans from all over North Georgia. Over 165 attendees attended the awards reception November 8.
This year’s winners in the Art Category are Jim Fambrough of Dahlonega for Best in Show and Charles Baumracker of Cumming for Award of Merit. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Jim Fambrough of Dahlonega, Irene Klangos of Suches, Oscar Rayneri of Dahlonega, Gail Watson of Toccoa and two awards to Dan Tomberlin of Dawsonville.
In the photography category, winners are Gail Mitchell of Atlanta for Best in Show and Linda Nixon, Sharpsburg for Award of Merit. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Gail Mitchel, Atlanta, Dean Kelley, Jasper and Jan Connell of Dawsonville.
Our art judge was Mikki Root Dillon from Lilburn, Georgia. Mikki is semi-retired and is fluent in all medias of art. She is a member of numerous artistic societies and has accumulated many awards since beginning in 1989.
Colt Mahana of Dahlonega, Georgia, was the photo Judge. Colt is an instructor at UNG’s continuing education center and shoots professionally as a portrait and event photographer.
The following is a list of artists and photographers on display.
- Atlanta: Harriet Dye, Clay Fisher, Gail Mitchell
- Auburn: Andrea Carrasco
- Ball Ground: Henry Patton
- Canton: David Ferguson, Bob Kelley
- Cleveland: Rebecca Portwood
- Cumming: Charles Baumrucker, Sarah Curtis
- Dahlonega: Phyllis Ellis, Jim Fambrough, Carol Kennedy, Randall Pinson, Oscar Rayneri, David Robertson, Lynn Satterfield, Carol Vey
- Dawsonville: Patricia Bowden, Jan Connell, Elizabeth Ann Dalton, Jim Eaton, Michelle Wittmer Grabowski, Tara Hardwick, Carol Kinzie, Dick Kinzie, Bryn McLeod, Kathy Pate, Tom Reed, Bill Rudrow, Susana Sandefur, Jenny Schneider, Dan Tomberlin
- Decatur: Cheryl Tarr
- Demorest: Steve Paige
- Decatur: Cheryl Tarr
- Duluth: Sandra Lamar
- Fayetteville: Susan Perry
- Flowery Branch: Mary Andrea Prieto, Robert Richardon
- Gainesville: Ann Alexander, Jack Anthony, Jill Haack, Ellen Minion, Krys Pettit, Cynthia Todd
- Hapeville: Marla Puziss
- Jasper: Gidge Dady, Kathleen Gill, Dean Kelley, June Lewis, Randy Lewis, Lynn Mayes, Allen Quandee, Carol Scheder
- Lilburn: Mikki Root Dillon
- Loganville: Susan Perz
- Marble Hill: Steve Carlisle
- Sharpsburg: Linda Nixon
- Suches: Irene Klangos
- Suwanee: Cynthia Affolder Cynthia Holden
- Toccoa: Gail Watson
- Naples, Florida: Jack Cane
The Bowen Center for the Arts is always open to the public. This center is located just north of Dawsonville’s Historic Square at 334 Highway 9 North. Admission is free and hours are Tuesday to Friday 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.; Saturday noon until 4 p.m.
Photos Courtesy of Bowen Center for the Arts
Gail Mitchell Photography winner